Tuesday 26 November 2013

Happy Birthday

I made this card for the 17th birthday of one of my grandaughters.
I took some Clarity Card and masked off the top and bottom.  This left  the central portion free and I used stencil brushes and Adirondak inks to develop graduations of colour.  The Happy Birthday stamp is a wood one I've had for ages and love the shapes on the swirls.  Then I used the Art Nouveau Stamp to create flourishes in the bottom left corner and along the bottom which linked with the swirls on the Happy Birthday stamp.   The Clarity dotty stencil gave some colour along the top. 
I stamped Kasha on to Clarity Card, coloured her with Promarkers, then heat embossed with clear poweder before cutting her out and adding her to the card with sticky foam.
Then I made some paper roses with a Spellbinders die and picked up the turquoise colour in Kasha and used some turquoise paper to die cut some additional leaves.  Finally finished by matting and layering onto turquoise card then the card blank before adding  some gems to finish.

I hope you like it.

I used:
Clarity: Art Nouveau and Kasha Stamps
Spellbinders Paper Rose stencil and small flourish

2 comments: