Tuesday 26 November 2013

Clarity Stamp Challenge 9: Christmas

I had been wondering what to make for this month's Clarity Stamp Challenge and then this beautiful stencil arrived as this months Clarity Design Club.
I used Centura Pearl white card and embossed the stencil.  I was glad that I'd used masking tape to hold it in place on one side because when it came to stenciling the colour it meant I could lift up the stencil, have a look and then lay it down again in exactly the same place.
I used Adirondak Meadow Green to colour the leaves and tumbled glass distressed ink for the hearts. 
The stamps in the hearts are all from Clarity Stamps. I used black Archival ink for this and it gave a lovely crisp image.   The small star with the shepherds and wise men is the same as the star above the stable.  I masked the stable, inked the star and then stamped.
I allowed the ink  to dry before adding the blue around the edge of the hearts and under the figures to give them some shadow.
Finally I matted onto shiny black card and then onto white cardstock.
 While I was making it I wondered if I would need to add a black edge to the hearts but the shine on the finished card from the Centura Pearl cardstock is  beautiful and I decided that anything extra would spoil it.
I'm entering this card for this months Clarity Stamp Challenge: Christmas

I used:
Clarity: Christmas stamps, Design Club stencil - hearts
Centura Pearl cardstock
Adirondack Meadow Green and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks
Black archival ink

9 comments:

  1. Sue this is wonderful and what a clever use of the stencil. Thanks so much for entering the challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea, Sue - hope you do well in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely Christmas card you have created. Very original idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Sue - this stencil is proving very popular for Christmas! Fingers crossed for the Challenge for you Sue! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Colourways xx Good Luck in the Clarity Challenge Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous christmas card - love the attention to detail in the shading.
    Thanks for entering and good luck in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful card - great use of the heart stencil - lovely colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments. Sue

    ReplyDelete